8.18.2008

Kentucky State Fair, yeah!



Oh yes. A day filled with food, mullets, obesity, annoying children, sun, fun, and singing pigs. Oh, and some ugly lamps, Jesus cross stitch, quilts, terrible clothing, and tons more! And lots of pictures of Jason, because he kept wandering into my shots. Yay.



First up - food! Tons of it - no deep fried twinkies, pickles, or snickers bars as far as I saw, though. Very sad. But I did get roasted corn! YES!! I love you, corn on the cob.




We started out the day with funnel cake. See how excited Jace looks? Oh yes. So excited. He really only gets excited about ugly children and Metal Gear Solid.




Jace got some excellent fries and BBQ at the same food tent. He said the BBQ tasted like a sloppy joe. I don't agree. I warned him I was going to take lots of pictures today. He still didn't like it.



Later we also had ice cream but I don't have photo documentation of that. I had peach and Jace had chocolate. And then he wandered off before the singing pig bit and bought a huge icee and a bag of cotton candy.



If you'd like a better look at the mullet - here it is. Glorious. I sort of hope she's in the wheelchair because she was in an epic fight in defense of her mullet. Rock on, lady!

The complete set of photos can be found in my flickr account. ^_^

No comments: